Camp Ultra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Ultra

Lets face it you've always thought you were a little bit different but did you honestly think you were well...a thing of Myth?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Apocalyptia

"for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Empty
PostSubject: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Caeden walked along the shore of the beach, staring out to the ocean. His hands were stuffed in his pockets and a breeze picked up, tousling his hair and spreading scents of salty sea.

"Are you there Poseidon? It's me, Caeden." he thought, thinking of childhood books that he barely read. Not a lot of kids were around camp lately, which led to silent walks and no one to socialize with. It didn't help that he was a child of Poseidon, with his dad's vow to celibacy and whatever. He rubbed his nose, and nearly bumped into someone because distractions and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Liam was enjoying the sight of the beach, dressed in the typical Camp-half Blood shirt and khaki cargo shorts, humming softly to himself as he walked along. The sea was supposed to be Poseidon’s domain and likely he hated him just because he was a Demi-titan but that mattered little to Liam. The sight of the sea was still wonderful to him, and so he liked to walk along the shore, taking in the sights with the usual amused grin upon his face. The breeze blew through his blond hair, as golden eyes scanned the beach which was mostly empty and yet he did not take notice of the person that had bumped into him. Liam paused for a moment, wondering how his attention slipped as he turned towards the person that had bumped into him.

It was a male, slightly pale with an interesting nose and Liam’s sense to cause trouble lit up like a bright light. ”Pardon me, I don’t seem to be watching where I’m going.” Liam said with a chuckle, flashing brilliant white teeth.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Caeden smiled and looked down at the ground for a glancing moment. "I'm sorry too." What else do you say that's not condescending? His eyes caught the others, and they widened in surprised. They were metallic and glistening gold that just felt...dead. "I...uh. What's your name? I don't think I've seen you around camp before," he said, trying to lighten the mood. He hasn't seen anyone at camp, but y'know. Whatever.

Two seagulls landed near the boys, and cawed at them. Weird things. Richard always called them flying rats, which wasn't too off. The ones here seemed docile, though.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Handsome and polite, that was something that Liam enjoyed really, smile still playing across his lips as he considered the male standing a few feet from him. He was then asked for his name and Liam wondered if he would know his name, know who he was and perhaps just turn the other way instantly. ”My name?” His irish accent shone through, tinging his voice with it. ”The names Liam McAllister, but you can call me Liam.” His tone for the most part sounded friendly despite how harsh his eyes may have seemed from their strange color. It was only when drawing upon his titan heritage that they took on life, and then they were beautiful; or so people said.

”Don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of hearing your name before either.” Liam shot back with a slight wink. ”So, what is your name?”
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 pm

"Liam, got it," Caeden confirmed, tapping his temple. Nothing like a quick ol' tap to the noggin to keep something to memory. "I'm Caeden, Caeden Finnik. Nice to meet you." Their eyes clashed; silver and gold. Moon and sun. Other meaningful polarities.

Wait. Wait, wait, waitwaitwait. Was that a wink? Was this boy winking at him? Woah, crazy. He was good-looking and all, but it must have been a trick of the light. Yeah, refractory something-or-the-other because of the ocean. There's no way the dude was winking. "So, who's your godly parent? I want to assume Apollo, something about you..." He added a smile to the phrase, as to not be rude. "Like your eyes. They're just too surreal." he thought, still feeling unnerved.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:48 pm

The male tapped their temple, a gesture that suggested that either they were trying to help their own memory or it was something else entirely. Either way it drew an amused chuckle from Liam, crossing arms over his chest as he considered the demi-god that he had bumped into, as he was likely a demi-god. A lot of demi-gods around here with less than a handful of those like him, which felt lonely in a sense. Not that he really minded it, seeing as how most Demi-Titans about him seemed like total looneys. ”Caeden? Cute name you have there, unique too.” This was his way of complimenting really, and partially flirtation, as the second was almost always something Liam did.

The male would then inquire about his godly parentage, which drew a chuckle from Liam as he seemed to mull something over. ”My parent? Now that is an interesting story actually, if you care to listen.” Liam would begin, tongue dancing over his lips as his eyes seemed to move about rapidly for a moment. ’Apollo isn’t my father sadly enough, however who is might surprise you. Scare you even, but that’s happened to me a few times before, got used to it. My parent is a titan actually, Hyperion to be exact.” he said simply, eyes seeming to take on a molten property for a moment before growing cold again.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Cute? Okay, he couldn't ignore that. What was he to do with that sort of information? Was it flirting? "That's sweet of you to say," he laughed, crooked smile accentuating his face. Maybe he'd actually get along with this kid. Little thoughts of frolicking and kissing and--

Wait, woah. "Jesus Christ, Caeden. Get a hold of yourself." Mental screaming was the best sort of screaming. What Liam said next though almost sent him physically screaming. "Hy-Hyperion. Hyperion? You're a Titan kid?" he gasped, taking a step back. And his eyes, what the hell was up with his eyes?! "I-I uh, I've never seen your type before. Heh."
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 am

The males reaction was expected really, gasping and trying to distance himself from the person that was the spawn of a titan. ”Yupp, a titan kid.” He said with a nod, letting his eyes lazily follow after the demi-god with mild interest. It seemed that just knowing his parent was enough to make Demi-Gods fear him and some would say that they were right to fear him.  A being that was not supposed to exist, a mistake to some and an abomination to others, all of it making him realize why Cain was as he was. It was now that he wished the male was wearing the crooked smile of only a moment ago, it didn’t make his heart sink in his chest like it did now.

”Never seen my type before? Yeah, I guess Demi-Titans aren’t the most abundant of people, I only know about two others around. We all live in that dirty little cabin in the middle of the forest, lonely really.” The otherwise happy demeanor wavered for a moment. ”Not the easiest life with how people tend to react to you either.”
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:08 am

Caeden closed his eyes and bit his lip. This, this was bad. He was a son of Poseidon, a Big Three! Olympians couldn't just hang out with Titans!

Or, could they? He didn't seem that bad, honestly. And when he looked at Liam again, the other seemed...hurt. He was just going back to his earlier days and judging people when he's only known them for a minute. Even if his dad tried killing people, that didn't mean he wanted to. "Look, I'm sorry. I-I just...We're taught to hate, y'know? I don't- I just-" he sighed, not really sure how to make up for this blunder. His grey eyes were still soft and gentle. Stormy was just never a way to describe them, despite his anger or fear. "I'm a son of Poseidon, and it's nice to meet you." There was a small, still-crooked smile on his face. The silver and gold weren't so clashing this time.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:19 am

Without even meaning to, the hurt had shone through and colored the cold golden orbs even colder for a second, as if he wer preparing to just shut it out for a second. It felt strange, being rejected like he was when it was the usual to be a little more popular, but then again it was what it was. They feared what he was, and with good reason seeing how powerful he was capable of being. He turned to the male who seemed to be stuttering an apology out, letting a small smile form upon his lips. Atleast he was trying to make things better, rather than running away.

”Its fine, I don’t blame you. If I were in your position I would be scared too.” His eyes searched the males for a moment, strange grey coloration seeming soft almost as if he were ashamed somewhat of how he reacted. ”Son of Poseidon? I guess that makes you pretty important or something like that.” he said with a chuckle, having heard that typically demi-gods of the three powerful gods were pretty powerful themselves. ”Well water boy, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” How he had said the nickname suggested that it was more of an endearing nickname than an insult.

”So, I suppose I’m not the only one out here to enjoy the ocean view, am I?”
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Caeden rubbed the back of his head, really unsure how to amend the situation. Liam seemed to take his apology well-ish. He wasn't screaming at him or crying or anything. His eyes though, they still creeped him out. But, he was gonna have to get over that, wasn't he? Besides, just looking in his eyes during a sunset, tousling his hair and--

"I am the gayest faggot to grace this green earth," he thought. Seriously though, Liam was sending off some vibes. "Yeah? Not really. If I magically changed into Percy Jackson, I'd be important," he spat. Chiron told him how important Big Three children were, but not really. It was just those three; Percy, Nico, and Thalia. This wasn't a time for hostilities, though. This was a time of everyone is happy and working together. "I guess not. The ocean- it feels like a second home, y'know? Like, it's a different place and all."
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm

He didn’t seem to take too well the question about him being important, saying something about a Percy Jackson in an interesting tone, one that was tinged with jealousy. Liam could sense some latent hostility towards this Percy Jackson, and it didn’t fit the guy really. ”Wish I could say the same of myself, but all that water doesn’t seem to mix too well with fire. Don’t mean I can’t enjoy the view, occasionally enjoy a little swim.” Liam said remembering why he chose not to wear any shoes as his toes curled up and the sand underneath his feet would give way ever so slightly.

”Not to sound strange or anything, but you have interesting eyes.” Liam noted pivoting on his heels and taking a few steps towards the water, letting waves lap up over his feet, the feel of the water somewhat relaxing. Even though it was the same substance that at times made him feel weaker, such a small amount didn’t hurt.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:00 pm

"Right, yeah. Fire stuff, that's pretty cool. Bet you can't ever get sunburnt, right?" he chuckled a bit. Swimming with Liam would be nice. Caeden could take him underwater and they could look at pretty fishes and just talk without interruption for an hour. It'd be wonderful, and it'd definitely be something mot people couldn't experience. Not today though, they didn't know each other well enough. Maybe another day.

Interesting eyes. Caeden had interesting eyes? "I, well, damn. Thanks; yours are just so much more lovely though." Wait. Oh my God, did that come out of his mouth? Christ, now he's going to get the wrong idea and end up being creeped out! "I mean, uh. They're really nice-looking? Like big ol' suns." There's no way that was making it any better.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:27 pm

”Yeah, I never get sunburnt. I call it a blessing, but I guess anyone would.” Liam said with a shrug, the males response to his compliment about his eyes drawing a chuckle from the Demi-Titan. He thought his boring eyes were lovely? That was not quite what he was expecting from the male, and in fact Liam found himself blushing a little, but that went away quickly enough with some thought. ”Ya think they’re lovely? How sweet of you.” he said with a smile, flashing bright white teeth for a moment. Liam was a hard person to creep out really, mostly because he was somewhat of a creep himself or his thoughts tended to be creepy.

”I was thinking about goin for a swim but swimming can be so droll alone. Mind joining me?” Liam asked with a raised brow, motioning with his head towards the water and waiting for the male to give some kind of answer before he did anything.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 6:25 pm

He rubbed the back of his head, and looked away from the boy. Being bashful, Jesus Christ. This was ridiculous. "They're different. I-I mean, a nice different! They're just--" There he went, running his mouth when he sure as hell should be keeping it still.

Swimming? Did Sunshine say swimming? "In that case, you're with the right guy." Even added a double pistol finger snap for extra corniness. He started towards the ocean, the sand crunching under his feet.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 6:33 pm

The male would continue to babble on as if he had managed to embarrass himself, much to Liam’s amusement as he shook his head. Not disdainfully mind you, but just amused, chuckling as he stepped forward as the waves would wash over his ankles then. ”Can’t go wrong with swimming with a son of Poseidon.” Liam chuckled with a wink, before running forward and just plopping into the water, letting it wash over him and soak into his clothes, causing his shirt to stick to him like a second skin. He would close his eyes tightly and submerge, before surfacing and shaking his nose drenched blond hair. It was nice to have a lazy day, with a seemingly corny demi-god.

”Wow, the waters colder than I thought it would be.” His body temp seemed to unconsciously increase, causing the water around him to feel warmer, but not enough to damage anyone in it, just enough to make it feel comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Caeden took off his shirt before running off. As the two sprinted right into the water, Caeden noticed that Liam's clothing stuck right on him. It was always sort of weird seeing how water affected other demigods, as he remained perfectly dry. But, he got to realize how slim the other actually was. It was interesting. The water also provided a jolt of energy, and he woke up, grey eyes suddenly energetic and slightly bluer than usual.

"Is it? I, uh, I don't really notice." He let out a short laugh; that was definitely not a thing he noticed anymore. Caeden treaded water for a bit, random information like his coordinates and all that jazz floating through his brain. "So, how long have you been at camp?"
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Liam noticed that he was wearing a shirt just when he had jumped in, which he realized was pretty annoying and so he peeled the shirt from his body, and bunching it up threw it as hard as he could. It would land on the sand with a silent, but wet thud, far enough that the tides would not touch it, and leaving him with only his shorts, and his toned body now visible. Water rushed over it, feeling a little strange but fine otherwise.

”I’ve been at the camp for around a month now, got claimed as what I am only less than a week ago though.” He said with a shrug lazily swimming around, moving closer to the son of Poseidon. ”How long have you been at camp?” He would then shoot back at the male with a curious expression, considering the male with golden eyes. ”Also this may be asking what should be a given, but do you have any cool water powers?”
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Caeden snorted a bit at the shirt plopping on the sand, it looked all funny and stuff. "How long...Jeez, I dunno. Maybe about the same time, but I was claimed right away. He tried to avoid looking at Liam though; one glance told him quite enough. "Sure, I can do tons of stuff with water. Watch." He gathered up a few gallons of water and lifted it up in the air. It was like string, but not quite. Maybe a pipe cleaner; something malleable. A few twists turned it into a swan, and then a star, and then a heart, and then a--

Oh shit, a heart? Goddamnit! He quickly contorted it into a bear face, complete with two little dot eyes. After showing off, he dropped it, splashing water all over the Poseidon kid. He was more careful not to get any on Liam. The other wasn't looking all that great. More tired, definitely. "I uh, I can also make a few waves, but it works better out of water. And I can talk to fish."
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm

So the two had been claimed around the same time? However the difference was that Caeden was still accepted within the camp, and he was for the most part a paraiah. The thought within itself made him jealous, and partially he wished that he was a son of Apollo, if only because of how the Demi-gods saw him now. The male admitted to being able to create things out of water, manipulating a little of it into various shapes, yet only one thing caught his interest. Despite it being in shape but only a second he was sure that he saw a heart. Who was the heart for? Liam found himself smiling rather dorkily, out of the ordinary for someone to sauve.

”You can talk to fish? That’s actually pretty cool, getting to know what fish think and stuff.” He said with a smirk, eyes beginning to glow lowly, like the smoldering remains of a fire rather than cold metal. They seemed warm almost, and with his proximity, he wondered if the son of Poseidon could feel the water having grown warm, mostly a product of his own power. ”I can do firey things, control fire make more of it and stuff like that. I’m also pretty bright, pun intended.” He joked lightly noticing that the males eyes were now more blue once he was in the water. Despite how weak being submerged in water made him feel, it was still nice to swim.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Liam smiled, which made Caeden turn slightly red. This is pathetic and lame and ugh. He rubbed his nose (salt tended to bother it a little) before replying to him. "To be honest, fish are kinda dumb. Not a lot up there, y'know?" He said "y'know" too much. What a weird phrase. He stopped keeping himself afloat, instead manipulating some of the water so that he could stand on it. Water was weird stuff.

"Fire stuff is pretty rad. Probably more useful than water stuff, honestly." Another chuckle; it was super easy to laugh and have fun around here. It almost let him forget on how Liam looked, with his tired face. Poor dear. He didn't seem the type to show weakness when he felt it, hopefully he felt better than he looked.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 pm

”Yeah, I guess I can’t expect fish to be very bright.” Liam admitted with a nod, taking notice of the small amount of color touching Caedens cheeks and wondering what it was that had caused it. Was something causing him to be embarrassed, and if so was that thing him? Regardless, he found himself blushing slightly too, the color playing across his slightly tan skin and for the most part not showing. ”Well if ya don’t mind, I think I’ll crawl out of the water and lay on the beach.” He said with a wink, poking Caeden lightly on the nose before propelling himself back with both feet. It did not take long for him to reach the shore, as they were not far from it anyway and the male would stretch before lounging on the moist sand.

He could feel himself beginning to grow a little stronger, but it was not an amazingly fast process. His  shorts were sopping wet and clinging to his legs as he laid there, wondering if Caeden would join him or not. He would not be bummed if the guy did not, but it would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:11 pm

"Called it," Caeden thought as Sunshine went to leave the water. He rubbed his nose again and decided to tag along. Now wasn't the time to go deep-sea diving and talk to dumb fish. With ease, he walked out and sat next to Liam, arms splayed back and eyes directed up to the sky. "Okay, he definitely winked that time." There was no denying it, and especially not that nose tap. It was oddly endearing though, in that weird way. What would Mom think if he brought a boyfriend home? Not that Liam would ever be his boyfriend, but--!

He closed his eyes and shook his head, a grimace on his face. Caeden knew Liam for a few hours or so, not enough time to decide he wanted to date the fool. Ah, whatever. Might as well let life go on as it chooses to. At least his pants were dry.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Pat

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Caeden had followed after Liam, which pleasantly surprised the male as he lay against the sand. One thing that he noticed upon looking to the other male was that he was completely dry, while Liam was drenched nearly to the bone, with droplets of water sliding down his face. He found himself partially jealous that this guy couldn’t get wet, but he could, yet he also found himself interested in the mechanics of it. ”The sky looks lovely this time of day, right?” he found himself asking as the rays of sunlight would wash over him, body seeming to drink it up and much like someone releasing a lot of stress he would sigh.

”So, what do you do around here for fun? I know I just walk around the forest, but that place is a little dull for my taste, too dark and with not enough sunlight. I had heard of this neat field of strawberries though, wanted to see what that was all about.” He noted looking to the male with a smirk. ”You are free to join if you want.”
Back to top Go down
Apocalyptia

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Caeden jolted himself from semi-consciousness, and looked down at the demi-Titan. "Yeah, it's pretty cool. Like cotton candy." Water Boy loved cotton candy, and would eat tons of it if he could. Now he had a craving for it; was it possible to serve that up at the mess hall?

"I usually just hang around water, as cliche as it is. Just hang out underwater and stuff. Sometimes I go out to the forest, but it's not as interesting." Kind of pathetic, he hadn't really explored camp all that much. But Liam said something about strawberry fields and Caeden licked his lips a little. Picking strawberries sounded pretty good right now. "I'll tag along."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"   "for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Ultra :: Camp Half-Blood :: Fireworks Beach-
Jump to: